Making improvements in every area, LUMIN D3 builds on the massive success of LUMIN D2
LUMIN unveiled its new D3 Network Player at last week’s Hong Kong High-End AV Show. The D3 builds on the success of the company’s most popular and longest-standing model. It incorporates the latest generation of processors that the company says “provides greater resampling flexibility while retaining all the musicality that was noted in so many outstanding D1 & D2 reviews”.
LUMIN’s D3 utilises no more than 25% of the available processing ability of the built-in CPU, which leaves room for planned future upgrades and “possible implementation of EQ or DSP functions”, says LUMIN.
WHY LUMIN D3
LUMIN D3 brings the audiophile potential of music streaming within everyone’s reach. Building on the success of our most popular and longest-standing model, LUMIN D3 inherits the Sabre DAC technology used throughout the rest of our range and combines it with our new all-aluminium compact chassis.The latest LUMIN processor technology provides DSD256 upsampling and TIDAL Connect bringing audiophile-grade performance within your reach.https://www.luminmusic.com/
LUMIN D3 is built to the highest standards, and a new silky surfacing process taken from the brand’s high-end P1 has been employed that is less susceptible to fingerprints and easier to clean. The thick CNC front panel and new all-aluminum enclosure provide superior damping performance compared to the D2 by eliminating the use of steel.
- Latest processor provides greater resampling flexibility
- New analogue output stage features Sabre DAC and a buffer including LUMIN X1 technology
- New DAC configuration featuring Sabre DAC ES9028PRO
- Retains fully balanced design including XLR outputs
- New surface finish taken from the high-end P1
- Upsampling and downsampling to every supported format up to DSD256/PCM384
- TIDAL Connect and Airplay 2 Compatible as well as Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, Qobuz, Plex and TuneIn
All-new processing system
- Completely new hardware and software provide a new foundation for LUMIN
- Increased processing power and storage capacity provide greater resampling flexibility and future-proofing.
Precision analogue output stage
- ES9028PRO DAC with up to DSD256 & PCM384 playback support
- Analogue buffer includes LUMIN X1 technology
- Ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range
The LUMIN D3 Network Player is expected to be available at the end of September, priced at around 2,570 euros.