Aussies from Burson Audio just unveiled their newest top-of-the-line DAC and headphone amp combo Conductor 3 Reference.
Biggest highlights are:
- Dual ESS9038 DAC chip.
- Class A headphone and pre-amp outputs. Headphone outputting 7500mW@16ohm.
- Dual mono and fully symmetrical.
- Fully discrete signal path.
- Burson proprietary Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) which raises voltage frequency from 50Hz to 170kHz, pushing noise beyond human hearing.
- 5 sets of MCPS: Which means, Display/Functionality, DAC, analouge left and analouge right are all separately powered.
- 4 layers, high-density PCB, ensuring perfect separation and shielding of noise interference
- Bluetooth 5.0 input.
- XMOS USB receiver. 32bit / 786khz, DSD512 native streaming (custom developed driver by Thesycon, Germany)
- 7 selectable sound filters and two gain levels.
- Audiophile components throughout including TDK resistors, Elna caps.
- All-new “Cool Case” is a 300% more efficient heat-sink when compared to the Conductor 2 enclosure.
Its RRP is $1799 but if you pre-order it until mid-September you can get it for $1399!