exaSound just unveiled the s82 Streaming DAC that takes the technologies introduced with the s88 DAC to the next level. Featuring a reference-grade 32-bit digital-to-analog converter and Roon-Ready streamer in stylish full-size mono-block enclosure, the s82 delights with its ergonomic simplicity and sonic perfection.
s82 features proprietary asynchronous USB streaming, ASIO and Core Audio drivers and FPGA core to achieve 32bit, low-jitter, bit-perfect signal path. s82 will play natively DSD encoded files up to DSD512, DXD 352.8 kHz, PCM and MQA up to 384 kHz.
- s82 features newly designed output stages with improved micro-symmetry of the balanced outputs.
- Newly released Tidal Connect support allows the Tidal apps on iOS, Android, Mac OS and Windows to stream directly to the S82.
- Audio Optimization Settings allow manual selection of PCM reconstructions filters and roll-off filters.
- Settings for SPDIF and Optical TOSLINK inputs allow compatibility with consumer-grade devices that exhibit high jitter, while maintaining sonic purity.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming support makes s82 easily accessible in casual listening settings.
- Advanced Settings refine the transition playback states from track to track.
- Autonomous balanced and unbalanced outputs can be used simultaneously with two sets of power amplifiers.
In addition to Roon, s82 supports streaming with Signalyst HQPlayer, UPnP, AirPlay, Bluetooth and online services Tidal and Qobuz. Stereo files and streams are played with uncompromising fidelity in their native format and resolution.
In-house designed and hand-made in Canada, exaSound devices deliver award winning, reference level sonic fidelity. Vanishingly low noise and distortion with highly accurate and extended frequency response form the foundation for natural, dynamic sound and ultimate subjective appreciation.
The s82 Streaming DAC will be available for purchase on the exaSound webstore at an MSRP price of $6,499.