Primare announces NP5 Prisma network player to ship end of October 2019
NP5 Prisma is a clever little device that provides Primare’s Prisma network player technology to virtually any system with a digital input.
Incorporating all the functionality found in their latest award winning Prisma enabled models, including AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in, Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, in addition to network connected hard drive control, NP5 Prisma also allows for volume adjustment and input selection for previous Primare models with RS232 inputs, all using the comprehensive Prisma application.
Specifically designed to be small enough to slip inconspicuously into any system setup, NP5 Prisma can be used with any product with a digital input, both stereo and multi-channel, Primare or other brands, to provide full Prisma connectivity and control, making it the network player for anyone and any system.
“NP5 Prisma represents the best solution for incorporating the latest stored and streamed digital media playback features for owners of any of our past products incorporating a digital input.” states Siemen Algra, Primare general manager. “We particularly wanted to provide our existing streaming customers, some who have been using our initial technology launched eight years ago, with an unprecedented update, one with all the amazing features our current Prisma platform can provide, so we have developed the NP5 Prisma update program.”
The NP5 Prisma Update Program offers owners of PRE60, NP30, I32 MM30, and PRE32 MM30 models an NP5 Prisma at 50% off of the suggested retail price with presentation of original invoice and/or verifiable serial number to authorized Primare dealer.
- NP5 Prisma Update Program Price: 250 € / 300 US$
- Suggested retail price: 500 € / 600 US$
- AirPlay 2*
- Roon Ready*
- Spotify Connect
- Chromecast built-in
- Over 160 streaming services available, including Roon endpoint
- Simplified network connection using Google Home app
- Voice control through Google Home devices and Google Assistant
- Multi-room/multi-zone connection and control through a variety of platforms: AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Chromecast built-in, and Prisma.
- Wired (LAN) and Wireless (WLAN) connection
- USB A input
- RCA and Toslink outputs with choice of 48, 96, 192 output for connection with any digital to analog converter
- Prisma application for setup of operating features and control of network connected hard drives for high resolution file playback up 24/192 PCM and DSD128
- RS232 control connection with included RS232 cable allowing for Prisma APP control on past Primare models: volume control; mute; power on/off; input selection.
*It is anticipated that NP5 Prisma will launch with AirPlay 2 at the end of October, but if not will come in future update, with Roon Ready capability coming soon afterward in a subsequent update.
For more details click here.